Screen printing certainly has a place in the creative world. However, due to the search for more artistic freedom in custom fabric printing, screen printing is no longer the standard go-to. Here’s why.
The most noteworthy quality of digital printing is almost certainly the incredible choice it offers. While screen printing is commonly limited to a basic colour selection and restricted gradients, digital fabric printing removes those limitations completely, even allowing for high definition photo printing. As a result, designs are able to demonstrate vibrancy and precision like never before.
Digital printing is a highly flexible process, and as a result, your projects can be managed on a larger scale, or a very small scale if you wish. This makes the highest quality results available to a wider range of clients with a broad spectrum of projects. Furthermore, as digital printing uses no effluent to treat the fabrics during the process, it’s also a safer process. As digital printing leaves less of an impact on the environment, it’s also a preferred choice for our planet.
Furthermore, as digital printing uses no effluent to treat the fabrics during the process, it’s also a safer process. As digital printing leaves less of an impact on the environment, it’s the preferred choice for our planet.
Is digital fabric printing a better option for your project than screen printing?
Screen printing, the most common form of textile printing, is severely limited in several aspects:
- Limited colors, usually 18 colors or less per design.
- Color separation and screen engraving translates to long strike-off periods.
- Limited repeat size due to screen dimensions.
- Print quality is not sufficient for photo-real imagery.
- Minimum order quantities typically exceed 300m per print.
- Printing is at surface level, yielding average washfastness and crocking.
Through digital fabric printing, we are able to alleviate these drawbacks:
- With colors mixed directly on the fabric using a CMYK process, the combination of colors and tones are unlimited.
- No screen engraving means printing is on-demand and has no limit on repeat size.
- Print resolution in excess of 300 DPI allows for high-definition photo printing – on fabric!
- Low minimum order quantities means highly customizable products
- Exponentially reduced environmental impact with no effluent to treat.